Jim's NowPublic Postings

Random thoughts about the world, politics,politics, comedy, and stuff I post on NowPublic.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Statesville, North Carolina, United States

57, bald, beard, 5'3" 189# single and looking

Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're hurting for gas

Mooresville, North Carolina:


All over Iredell County and from what I have heard, all over the state, stations are hurting for gas. My roommate delivers parts for a living and sometimes he says he has to pass 20 stations before he finds one that has gas. When I first arrived here, regular was 3.69 and it went down to 3.54 before Ike. As soon as Ike passed our area headed to the gulf, gas shot up to 3.99 at most stations. Some were charging 4.09. Even this is a far cry better than the 4.79 for regular at Mt. Shasta California stations where I moved from, but still, when you get to a new area and the gas prices drop well below $4 and now suddenly even here they're back up to $4, it makes me kind of glad I don't have that expense at the moment.


Today I walked up town and the two stations closest to me only had regular gas and the Citgo station was about to run out of even that. When I walked down, Exon and Citgo were still both selling, but at 11:30 when I walked back, Citgo was empty and the line for Exon was 10 cars deep on Main street and 10 deep on the side street as well. Neither station were expecting any fuel deliveries later today.


Some stations in the area have been limiting purchases to $10 per car, but as the Citgo clerk said, it's hard to control that when they use their credit card at the pump.


It's getting rough out there kids, buckle up, we're in for a bumpy ride no matter what Congress does on this bank bailout.


We're hurting for gas We're hurting for gas We're hurting for gas We're hurting for gas We're hurting for gas We're hurting for gas

Tags: | | | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home