Jim's NowPublic Postings

Random thoughts about the world, politics,politics, comedy, and stuff I post on NowPublic.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Statesville, North Carolina, United States

57, bald, beard, 5'3" 189# single and looking

Friday, October 17, 2008

Condemned killer: 'I'm out of here, man'

Being a firm believer in capital punishment where the condemmed has admitted guilt, I have to say this guy went out with a bit of class. I'm amazed however that the amount of time he spent on death row was a mere 6 1/2 yrs.





HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) -- Condemned killer Kevin Watts quietly went to his death as the criminal justice system he said he detested executed him for a triple slaying 6½ years ago in San Antonio, Texas.


"I'm out of here, man," Kevin Watts said from the death gurney. "I'm gone. Keep me in your hearts."

"I'm out of here, man," Kevin Watts said from the death gurney. "I'm gone. Keep me in your hearts."



The street gangster received a lethal injection Thursday for fatally shooting three people in the holdup of a Korean restaurant.


Watts, 27, had confessed to the shootings after which one of the victims' newlywed wife was abducted and raped.


Watts had denounced the sentence at the conclusion of his trial in 2003.


Then earlier this year, returning to the court where a jury convicted him of capital murder and decided he should die, Watts confronted the judge scheduling his execution with an obscenity-laced tirade complaining about what he contended was a racist justice system.


But strapped to the death chamber gurney Thursday, his demeanor was subdued. He spoke softly, telling friends he appreciated their love and support and asked them to forgive him.


"I'm out of here, man," he concluded. "I'm gone. Keep me in your hearts."


He was pronounced dead at 6:17 p.m.







Tags: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home